Today is my birthday.
Yep … I reached the glory age, alhamdullilah syukur sangat.
Tbh minus these achy muscles and the sleepy all-the-time mood, hey! I still feel young. The “forever young” feeling is essential, right? The reality is another story.
I posted an entry on my birthday in 2019 and shared 5 things that I was glad I did back then when I was young that helps a lot today. You can read it here >> “A year wiser by Sallymatsuda”.
And, I would like to add another 5 more things that all of us should do to have a smooth cruising old age aka getting old gracefully lol. I kept reminding my friends that “Jangan jadi tua sebelum waktunya” or don’t be that old before your time.
Another 5 more things that we should do NOW since we still have the time:
- Take care of your skin. Moisturizer is your best friend. Keep your face, hand, feet and body well hydrated, moisturize them every single day. Clean your skin and moisturize them religiously, the best time to start is when you are still young.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Keep your body well hydrated by drinking lots of water. Plain and natural water, not coffee or juice water only. Reduce your sugar intake.
- Eat well. Eat real food. Chicken, meat, vegetable, fruits, seafood and so on are cooked in their real forms. Eat less fast food, sugar-overloaded food, sausages, nuggets etc. Omit the MSG and sugar, and reduce the salt.
- Exercise. Never skip your exercise routine. If you hate hard exercise like me, try walking or hiking or yoga instead.
- Be persistently curious the whole time. What keeps me going? I am persistently curious. That is my “energizer battery”. When I am down or tired or sleepy or super moody … my curiosity will lead the way. The why-how-when-where-who questions kept popping in my head pushing me up further.
That is it. I am definitely wiser … lol …wiser Sallymatsuda.
Say it 44 times … hulla kebaboom it turns into reality. The wise Sallymatsuda.
Do it alone. Do it broke. Do it tired. Do it scared. Just do it!anonymous
Life goes on.
Life will only stop when Allah Al-Mighty says so “your time is up, Sallymatsuda”. In the meantime, live your life to the fullest for both “dunia dan akhirat” or dunya and hereafter.
Sallymatsuda, 21 September 2022